December 18th 2004 Home For a Month
Finals ended on Thursday. They went quite well, by the way. I think I did fairly well, and they weren’t too stressful. I am definitely glad to be home now, though. Unfortunately, I have found that, without school and work to occupy my time, I have so very little to do! However, I do have several key goals that I think I am going to get started on until I return to Bucknell on January 15 or 16:
- Get World of Warcraft as soon as Wal-Mart gets more copies in. It’s a sweet game. I don’t ordinarily play computer games much, but I think I am going to make an exception in this case.
- Become an amazing pool player because then William Hurt and I can hustle fratboys at Bucknell. I’m not that great but I can definitely improve, and I have a great table to practice on.
- Become a force to be reckoned with in Ping-Pong. I used to be a pretty good table tennis player, but my skills have declined in the past few years (or maybe everyone else’s have improved…). Anyway, I plan on becoming so good that no Chinese guy in the world could beat me.
- Learn to actually play the guitar because I have one and I never use it. I have a lot of good ideas for music and it would be fun to play guitar in a band at Bucknell, but I should become better first. Maybe I should learn to sing though, too…
- Write, because I have a lot of good ideas but I never actually write anything.
- Create a D&D character that is a force to be reckoned with for several of the campaigns I am playing. I’m leaning towards a rogue, wizard, or a dual-classed rogue/wizard or possibly a rogue/druid, which is a very interesting combination that I think has a lot of room for potential if done correctly. (The nerd inside me made me list this as a goal.)
Of course, once I get World of Warcraft, I simply won’t have any time for the other goals; but until Wal-Mart gets some copies in, I should have plenty of time to get started on being a nerdy, Ping-Pong-playing, pool-hustling screenwriter/guitar god.
(Oh, and by the way, if you are back in Lewisburg—or never left in the first place—I’m here until mid-January if you want to chill sometime. Cool.)