December 22nd 2004 All Quiet on the Western Front
It has been several days since I have updated, so I thought I should post something, just so all my tens of fans know that I am not dead. The reason I have not posted lately is simply because nothing much is going on. I am on vacation, after all, and so I’ve mainly been sleeping late, then wasting the rest of my time. To recap on the highlights of the previous few days:
- Lisa Koedding, Monkey Robot fan and Will Hurt’s girlfriend from Virginia Tech, visited Lewisburg for several days. By all reports she enjoyed the rich rural atmosphere of Lewisburg, and the company of two of its finest residents. Much fun was had by all.
- An adventure to Goodwill with Noah and Todd, two friends from high school, netted me four t-shirts for the low, low price of $9.50. Just for comparison’s sake, a trip to American Eagle with Todd would have gotten me a shoelace for that same amount of money.
- Madden 2000 for the Nintendo 64 totally sucks. The game crashes almost every time you play. I have not been able to complete a season because the game keeps crashing.
- Wal-Mart really missed the ball on ordering copies of World of Warcraft. They could’ve sold so many for Christmas, if they had actually gotten some copies in. I’d feel bad for them, but then I remember that they pay their employees next to nothing and use the cheap labor of illegal immigrants, so I can rest assured that the Walton family is still happily lining their pockets with Ben Franklin’s.
- All this sitting around doing nothing is making me feel really unhealthy. I should get out there and go running. But it’s just so cold! Brrrrr!
- This one’s for the FedEx guy: I am not Cliff Mathias, and my address is 63 Walnut Road, not 63 Mountain View Road. But thanks for giving me an excuse to get off of my ass and go outside for once.
- Christmas is rapidly approaching, so if you want to buy me anything, your window is rapidly closing. IM me for some excellent gift ideas.
That is, sadly, about it. My life is pretty boring, and I hope it stays that way for a couple days at least. Maybe with all this extra time, I can think of something intelligent and reflective to post on this site. That is, if I don’t fall asleep on the couch while thinking/watching reruns of Saved By the Bell.
(Oh, and by the way: college is definitely worth going to, if only because college students get so many days off for Christmas break.)